Multi-Family – Detailer, Purchaser, Scheduler will effectively manage the entire process of detailing project specifications, purchasing and scheduling delivery for materials of assigned multi-family projects with precision, agility and collaboration.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE ORGANIZED WITH EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You can interpret several different documents and proposals to understand the exact specifications and materials needed for purchase and delivery for each project with a commitment to quality.
YOU ARE A MULTITASKER AND YOU LOVE PROBLEM SOLVING. You can effectively manage multiple aspects of projects in a high-demand environment and can manage change unexpectedly with a results-oriented mindset for a positive outcome.
YOU ARE A TEAM PLAYER AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR. You have a strong desire to contribute and support projects and proactively apply customer service skills to the variety of internal departments that you work with, showing a commitment to providing the best results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30 days and ongoing:
• Learns Taylor Trim’s services, processes and procedures, and business lines & responsibilities
• Partners closely with the supervisor to understand the process of detailing a job, learnings all the documents to review and how to complete a Job Worksheet
• Learns the fundamentals for how to purchase materials and how to navigate and update the accounting system, Sage
• Double checks for accuracy and asks insightful questions to gain knowledge and understanding about how to manage core job responsibilities
• Builds positive working relationships with the Warehouse & Manufacturing Manager, Contracts Administrator, Accounting Team, Field Supervisors, Sales Team and Leadership
By the 90-day mark and ongoing:
• Has foundational knowledge and can detail, purchase and schedule materials with minimal error
• Stays current on ADA, LEED, fire and safety codes and building requirements
• Finalizes the job worksheets and creates reports to distribute to the appropriate departments for review, purchasing, and planning
• Continues to ask questions and learns from each job as every vendor and job requires different materials and being creative to complete the process
• Attends weekly meetings with internal departments to review schedules and outstanding Purchase orders
By the 6th month mark and ongoing:
• Researches materials being ordered and pays close attention to the details, including but not limited to the frame, trim, jams, hardware, openings, swing and size, shape, style, and color, etc.
• Thinks outside of the box to purchase and deliver the right materials while remaining within budget and timeline(s)
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 1+ years of related work experience with Purchasing in the Construction, Building Materials, or similar industry
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient with computer skills working with various office equipment, computers and various programs including Adobe programs, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Possesses an understanding of the multi-family construction process and terminology
• 1+ years of experience in building management, construction, engineering or architecture field
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 1990, Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc. provides the finest quality finish carpentry products and services for builders, developers, and contractors for production single family, multi-family, hospitality, mixed-use, and semi-custom tract homes. Over the last two decades, Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc. has grown and changed, striving to continually adjust and adapt to provide the exact mix of products and services, including: all interior and exterior doors and frames, wood trim, bathroom hardware, closet and utility shelving, and regular and mirror wardrobe doors. Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc. services customers throughout Southern California.
We recognize the key role each employee plays in continuing to achieve our mission and vision. The culture of Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc. is unique from other trim companies because we promote teamwork and strive to maintain a family-like environment throughout the organization. We cultivate an atmosphere of fulfilled employees who perform at the highest standards with teamwork, integrity, and professionalism.