Jr. Purchasing Agent
Position Overview: Responsible for all activities related to purchasing. Works proactively to order material and check acknowledgements in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interfaces with Sales, Estimating, Project Management, Warehouse/Shop and Accounting regarding material requirements.
2. Processes all material purchase requests or other inquiries as received via the purchasing email or scan. File purchasing emails in appropriate folders after printed
3. Processes and responds to incoming calls, faxes, and emails from vendors and suppliers
4. Coordinates and executes Multi-Family and Single-Family purchasing activities
5. Creates and double checks purchase orders; creates part numbers as needed
6. Assists Purchasing Manager in finding new vendor if needed
7. Updates Purchase Orders in Sage Program with changes to material as needed
8. Orders Andersen material using Andersen IQ Software
9. Communicate keying information to vendors
10. Print vendor assigned stock check reports and submit to Warehouse
11. Research and close PO’s in Sage Software
12. Orders material in a timely manner including quoted or book pricing with PO’s
13. Divides material orders into separate deliveries based on install dates
14. Confirms vendor acknowledgements and purchase order details matching part specifications, pricing, and other requirements.
15. Communicates verbally and in writing with vendors and suppliers regarding issues, product information and material pricing.
16. Works with Project Management and Sales to clarify discrepancies on acknowledgements and communicates corrections to vendors
17. Logs and maintains accurate purchasing information in Purchasing Log and New Order Log
18. Works with Warehouse to ensure materials are received without damage and meet order specifications. Manages and resolves any material discrepancies or issues with vendors in a timely manner. Logs and updates issues in vendor issue log.
19. Processes material returns to vendors and updates returns log
20. Assigns vendors in job take offs as needed
21. Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office programs
2. Detail oriented, organized, and accurate with numbers
3. 2-3 years of experience as a purchasing agent or administrator (this is NOT an entry level role)
4. Knowledge of finish carpentry products preferred
5. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
· Medical plan, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid holidays, Vacation Days & 401k